" The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for. "

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Baaack!

So, here I am, over a year later, and only on my third post.  I know, I know, shame on me. However, I have been a pretty busy girl! I have so much to catch everyone up on.
 
First, I started this blog when I had just started living on my own.  I had just graduated college, began a new job (actually 2) and was extremely content with the way things were.  Well, If you know me, I don't like change, but I also like to mix things up in my life as much as I move around the furniture in my house. Which, by they way, is A LOT. 

Here we go! 

I finished taking my child development classes in December of 2011 and will have my Child Development license here in a few months.  Waiting to be observed by the state of Arkansas seems to be a longer wait than I anticipated.  For the past two years since I graduated from college and while I was working on my license,  I have been a full time nanny for Sam, Drew, and Grace Caroline.  I love these kids so much, but it was time for me to challenge myself in a career that I could stick with for years to come.
SAM (3) DREW (5) GRACE CAROLINE (8)
                         

I began the dreaded job hunt about three weeks ago and last Friday I was offered a job that I just couldn't resist.  Although, I will miss my kiddies so so much I couldn't be happier with my decision to become the Curriculum Coordinator at Full Potential Child Development Center. 

 I have to say that this Christmas was one of the busiest, hectic, but most exciting ones in a long time.  Christmas Eve, I moved into a house! My first one! Chris' parents built a new home and gave their previous home to Chris as a graduation gift. LUCKY! Chris will not be done with school until this summer so the house is all mine until he gets done with school in Russellville. After moving my things out of my old apartment mid December, into a storage unit, and staying with Dawn and Drew for nearly two weeks I was so happy to finally have my own living space back!
     
 Christmas Eve Dawn, Drew, my mom, dad, and myself all went to Christmas Eve mass in Little Rock.  We came home and had the traditional scrambled eggs and tamales for dinner.  This year, Chris joined us! It was so fun and special to be able to share a family tradition with him.  Christmas day was my last day as Chris' girlfriend.  He PROPOSED!! AHHHHHH! I was completely surprised!

AT THE BAKER WEDDING

BEST PIECE OF JEWELRY, EVER!
This "catch up" post has been pretty long so I will make this next part short and sweet. We have a new addition to the Glover/Ewing family. Meet Cooper! Our new beagle : ) We got him in November when he was 8 weeks old.  He is now 6 months old and loves his brother Drake more than anything!


COOP DOG!



No comments:

Post a Comment