" The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for. "

Monday, October 25, 2010

Here goes nothing...

Alright, so my here I am, starting my very own blog. My sister, Dawn was pretty excited when I told her I was thinking about making one. I believe her exact words were: "It's so much better than Facebook." Ha!
So... where do I start? I guess I should say I'm a new college graduate! I graduated in May (2010) from the Unversity of Central Arkansas with a Bachelors Degree in Speech-Language Pathology. I was so excited to get out in the "real world" until I realized it had bills, and bigger issues that I had ever had to worry about when I was in college. For some reason, I thought after graduation stress would go away. Stupid me. Anyway, I will say I am very proud of how independent I have become in the past five months. I have my own place, my own dog, a great job, a weekend hobby, and my very own bills! ( :-/ )

So here is my dog, Drake. Chris and I bought Drake last August. He was such a tiny little puppy when we got him and now he weighs almost 40 pounds! He is pretty  big for a beagle, but everyone says he is a very pretty beagle at that! As sad as it sounds this keeps me company. He is such a lap dog, and can be so, so sweet!!!


Next, is my job! I am a full time nanny for a family with three children. The kids parents are both physicians at Arkansas Childrens Hospital, so they're work schedules, as you can imagine, can be very crazy at times. I love being around theses kids so much! They make me laugh every single day. I feel very blessed to have a job that doesn't feel like work. Here is Drew (4) Grace Caroline (7) and Sam (2)
Now, I must go to bed!
Tell you more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment